Creating a new base environment
Back to Kadeploy
Procedure for creating a new base image for kadeploy
1. Boot the machine with a live cd. If you are in a remote machine you'll probably new ILO access or something similar.
2. Install the new system selecting the existing swap and /dev/sda4 partitions. You can start from scratch deleting all partitions and recreating them but it's higly discouraged.
3. Create the update-host-name script in the adequate directory, for a debian based system is in /etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/
4. Make sure that an SSH server is running.
5. Follow the procedure detailed in Deploy Procedure in Kadeploy 3 and OAR for saving an image file.